Some orthodontic conditions are simply easier to correct if they're corrected early. Interceptive orthodontic treatment is all about preventing more severe problems later on. It provides the opportunity for our office to have control over where the permanent teeth come in by addressing the structure of the jaw and teeth while the primary teeth are still in the mouth.
The benefits of early intervention include:
A better prognosis for how the permanent teeth will develop.
• Increasing self-esteem and confidence in your child
• The ability to improve your child's appearance
• The ability to correct any habits that may be the cause of development problems, such as thumb sucking or tongue pushing.
• Correcting bite problems like an open bite, cross bite, or deep bite
• The ability to guide the growth of the jaw to accommodate emerging teeth
• Lowering the risk of damage to an protruding teeth
Alleviating future, and possibly more invasive, dental correction
Phase One Orthodontics - Early Intervention